What is Mesotherapy?
It is a therapeutic medical technique integrated into the traditional analgesic arsenal, and to be used immediately or as a second intention: either alone or in combination with other analgesic means.
Mesotherapy involves injecting low doses of drugs into the skin. Its indications are essentially the treatment of pain as well as a constellation of disorders ranging from the treatment of tinnitus to that of shingles through recurrent ENT infections. This treatment is also used in aesthetic medicine.
These are therefore local injections of drugs from the French pharmacopoeia, made through the skin, very superficial and not very painful. These injections can be intra-epidermal, superficial or deep intradermal between 1 mm and 10 mm.
• With in almost all cases: use of needles 3 to 4 mm in length.
• Using sterile single-use equipment: “manual” technique with syringe and needle or “assisted” technique with the aid of an injector.
What do we put in the syringes?
Always products used in General Medicine, available in Pharmacy but in multiple injections and in very small quantities: relaxants, antioedematous, anti-inflammatory, vasodilators, calcitonins, polyvitamins…
Cortisone is prohibited from all mesotherapy blends.
Is it dangerous for health?
All antisepsis precautions are systematically taken. No risk of viral hepatitis and HIV. Side effects are infrequent and usually mild unlike anti-inflammatories or oral corticosteroids which can cause some problems.
Only doctors are authorized to practice Mesotherapy.
What can Mesotherapy treat?
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatism pain,
- Lumbar, back and neck pain,
- Tendinitis, sprains, strains, contractures, sports injuries,
- ENT infections,
- Hair loss: alopecia,
- Neuralgia, headaches and migraines,
- Blood circulation disorders (heavy legs),
- Dermatological disorders related to the appearance of the skin: wrinkles, fine lines, dull complexion, skin imperfections, fibrous scars…
Mesotherapy combined with Medical Acupuncture gives excellent therapeutic results.
Who does Mesotherapy care for?
Everyone a priori: children, adults, the elderly, especially those who use a lot of drugs, who want and can try another way of administering drugs.
The number of sessions may vary depending on the condition. In acute cases, such as sports injuries, 3 sessions may be sufficient. On the contrary, for chronic diseases such as rheumatism or osteoarthritis, 10 to 15 sessions spread over 6 months or a full year are sometimes necessary.